Senior Data Scientist
In a newly created role we are on the hunt for a senior data scientist to help us enhance and enrich our intelligent data products. You will be using advanced techniques such as advanced machine learning algorithms, advanced analytical modelling and advanced statistical modelling, etc to solve complex problems within a cutting-edge development environment.
You will work closely with our data scientists and data analysts to deliver data science and intelligent analytical solutions to improve our data quality, improve our ranking solutions, create more industrial ranking solutions. You will be excited by the challenge of finding new ways to improve our ranking algorithms and deliver intelligent features and models which will continuously add value to our core business.
You will be working within a business that is focused on a shared vision of growing globally and continuing to deliver a unique platform across a diversified set of customers. This role will be immensely rewarding and you will be working alongside an experienced and passionate team who have been involved in starting up businesses that now employ hundreds of staff across the world.
Key Skills and Expected Results
- R&D on advanced machine learning algorithms, statistical modelling techniques, time series models, and predictive modelling to enhance and enrich our data intelligence.
- Building large-scale data science solutions from researching a prototype to production.
- Proactively enhance and improve current ranking solutions.
- Proactively enhance and improve data quality. Automate some of the current manual data tasks to improve the efficiency, accuracy and consistency.
- Work with data and dev team to improve data quality and deliver data intelligence.
Skills, Knowledge and Competencies
- 3+ years in a data scientist or machine learning scientist role
- Experience in building large-scale ML solutions from researching a prototype to production
- Essential skills include advanced machine learning, advanced statistical modelling, time series modelling, analytical programming.
- Essential technical skills in SQL, Python and R.
- Must have experience of R&D in data science.
- Software engineering skills and the ability to build models at scale
- Experience in Elasticsearch and AWS redshift will be advantages.
- Able to take initiative
- Tactful and mature
- Aptitude for research
- Good organisational skills
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- ompetitive salary.
- Health insurance.
- 3% KiwiSaver employer contribution (for those eligible).
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Pick your own laptop.
- Casual dress code.
- Collaboration friendly office.