We need a Solutions Engineer Lead to be responsible for building a team that ensures we are successfully onboarding API customers, helping to refine their first use case, monitoring their trials and providing proactive feedback, expanding usage of our platform, answering questions from potential and existing customers and helping to build new products/features.
You will work most closely with our Engineering, Product, Sales and Customer Service teams to support them on a day to day basis. There will be travel opportunities across US and EU to visit customers and also to our NZ head office in Auckland to spend time with our team before major product releases. As this is a new and pivotal role, you will be responsible for shaping its foundation through providing innovation around delivery, monitoring and reporting.
In this role, you will not only work across a variety of customers’ use cases and needs, you will also work closely with our CPO developing new features to improve our API and reduce friction to integrate in customer applications. You’ll bring to the table experience and ideas to significantly improve the way we communicate and engage with engineers and product managers. This will require working closely with external and internal stakeholders in an organized fashion. Strong problem solving skills, proactivity, tenacity and organization skills will help you succeed in this role.
Key tasks and expected results
- Build a team of Solution Engineers as the business continues to scale.
- Lead solutions-focused activities with customers to ensure they are concentrating on getting the best possible use case off the ground first, laying the foundations for future contract expansion and continuous improvement of the PoC to production process.
- Identify and be involved in the ideation and design of new products and features that allow the customer to access our intelligence faster and derive value sooner.
- Intimately understand the products we sell and how they’re best used. Proactively assist customers with technical issues and technical implementation details. Advise on ways to get the most value from our products.
- Improving dev docs so customers can better understand and get started sooner.
- Constantly stay ahead in communicating with customers (both manually and automated). Manage expectations properly to avoid escalations. Be a strong voice of customers during engineering planning.
- Be involved with and provide assistance to the Product and Engineering teams before major product releases.
- Technical point of contact for Sales and Customer Service.
- Answering technical questions from existing and potential customers.
- Participating in calls and face to face meetings alongside Sales as needed; to understand intended use cases, answer technical questions and recommend best ways to utilise our API.
- Investigating and monitoring customers’ API request patterns to front foot any issues and help them get the results they’re expecting, working towards automating this.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Skills, Knowledge and Competencies
- Experience using RESTful APIs.
- Experience in Python (and/or other programming languages) is a plus.
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana is a plus.
- Experience with MySQL is a plus.
- Experience with Linux/Bash is a plus.
- Experience or familiarity with Prometheus and Grafana is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Postman and Postman Collections is a plus (or other API tools).
- Experience with code versioning tools is a plus (Git preferred).
- Ability to explain complex concepts in an easy to understand manner.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to take initiative.
- Able to work autonomously but has good team participation skills.
- Tactful and mature.
- Aptitude for research and analysis.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (cobra scheme)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Pick your own laptop
- Casual dress code
- Collaboration friendly office