Senior Data Analyst
In a newly created role we are on the hunt for a Senior Data Analyst to help us enhance and enrich our intelligent data products. You will be working with large and complex datasets and overseeing data quality assurance so you will naturally have a keen eye for detail. This is a challenging and complex role and we are looking for someone with experience in data analysis and analytical insights, as well as programming languages.
Working closely with our development and data teams you will not only assist in improving data quality but also collaborate with the teams to promote active problem solving. This means looking into automating some of our manual tasks to improve efficiency of the team.
You will be working within a business that is focused on a shared vision of growing globally and continuing to deliver a unique platform across a diversified set of customers. This role will be immensely rewarding and you will be working alongside an experienced and passionate team who have been involved in starting up businesses that now employ hundreds of staff across the world.
Key tasks and expected results
- Analyse/manipulate large and complex datasets.
- Work with junior team members on a day to day basis to solve data issues, improve data quality and enrich data sources.
- Proactively enhance and improve data quality. Automate some of the current manual data tasks to improve the efficiency, accuracy and consistency.
- Use statistical methods and models to enhance and enrich our data intelligence.
- Work closely with dev team to improve data quality.
- Work closely with data scientists to deliver the data intelligence products.
Skills, knowledge, and competencies
- 3+ years in a data, analytics or insights role.
- Strong technical skills in SQL, R (or Python).
- Experience in visualization tool (Power BI or Tableau).
- Experience in statistical models.
- Exposure to Elasticsearch, AWS redshift and natural language processing models will be advantages.
- Able to take initiative.
- Tactful and mature.
- Aptitude for research.
- Good organisational skills.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Competitive salary.
- Health insurance.
- 3% KiwiSaver employer contribution (for those eligible).
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Pick your own laptop.
- Casual dress code.
- Collaboration friendly office.