We need a Solutions Engineer for our exciting and fast growing, developer-first, demand intelligence company - focused on combining real-world events into one global source of truth to help businesses better understand demand, and plan for the future.
We are looking for someone to be part of our Solutions Engineer team that ensures we are successfully winning deals, onboarding our new customers, helping to refine their first use case, monitoring their trials and providing proactive feedback. Also answering questions from potential and existing customers.
The Solutions Engineer will work out of our San Francisco office supporting our global sales efforts. You’ll be supporting the sales team on many key deliverables including: onboarding potential customers to our API platform, monitoring API trials and providing feedback along the way, expanding the usage of our platform, and helping our sales team turn prospects into PredictHQ customers. Along the way you will also be working closely with our engineering and product teams on features and delivering feedback from the field. There will be travel opportunities across the US and EU to visit customers and also to our NZ head office in Auckland to upskill your technical skills as our team and business continues to grow exponentially.
Key tasks and expected results
- Be a part of calls and face to face meetings with prospects and customers to understand use cases, answer technical questions, and recommend the best ways to utilize our API and associated tools/features.
- Intimately understand the products we sell and how they’re best used. Advise on ways to get the most value from our products.
- Monitor incoming API requests to understand usage patterns and provide feedback.
- Use all the facets of our customer communication tools to nurture clients in the pipeline and work with the team to improve conversion rates. Specifically, Hubspot and Intercom.
- Gather prospect and customer feedback to provide information to the team to help build solutions that meet the market’s needs.
- Partnering with sales executives to proactively assist prospects and customers with technical issues and technical implementation details.
- Improve internal processes making the team more efficient.
- Provide assistance to the product and engineering teams before major product releases.
- Answer technical questions from existing and potential customers.
- Lay the foundations for future contract expansion by always doing right by the customer.
Skills, Knowledge and Competencies
- 5 years experience as a sales engineer.
- Experience using RESTful APIs.
- Experience with dashboarding applications like Kibana, Redash.
- Working knowledge of Postman and Postman Collections is a plus.
- Experience in Python (and/or other programming languages) is a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to take initiative.
- Able to work autonomously but has good team participation skills.
- Tactful and mature.
- Aptitude for research and analysis.
- Good at problem solving.
- Great organisational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to forge strong, long-lasting relationships with senior executives.
- Ability to creatively explain and present complex concepts in an easy to understand manner.
- Technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Willingness to travel.
- Competitive salary.
- Benefits administrated by Sequoia One.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Casual dress code.
- Collaboration friendly office.