Data Science Solutions Engineer
We need a DS Solutions Engineer for our fast growing and developer-first company. You will be collaborating with industry-leading data science teams to understand their goals and assist in their path to production. You will be an instrumental member of the team and sharing best practice insights to drive additional value.
We are looking for a data-driven person who is that rare and powerful combination of technically adept, able to solve problems efficiently as well as skilled at explaining complex ideas. This is a key role in PredictHQ's team - you will be enabling us to win deals by ensuring our trial customers have smooth and expedited time to value and are accessing the product's potential.
You will become the go-to person for PredictHQ technical support for teams at companies such as Uber, Booking.com and Accenture. From helping new customers craft their first use case to empowering established users to make the most of our data, you will work alongside customer data science teams to model, build and quantify the value of demand intelligence.
The DS Solutions Engineer will work out of our San Francisco office but on a global scale. You’ll be quantifying the value of potential partnerships for the sales team as well as empowering our customers by guiding them to correlate their data with ours to see the effect of events on demand. Your position on the front line will also make you a valued voice in ongoing discussions with our engineering and product teams on features and product evolution.
There will be travel opportunities across the US and EU to visit customers and also to our NZ head office in Auckland to upskill your technical skills as our team and business continues to grow exponentially.
- Be a part of calls and face to face meetings with prospects and customers to understand use cases, answer technical questions, and recommend the best ways to utilize our API and associated tools/features.
- Intimately understand the products we sell and how they’re best used. Advise on ways to get the most value from our products.
- Use data science skills/tools including statistical modelling techniques, and predictive modelling to assist customers prove value performing time series analysis and correlating events with transactional or booking data.
- Assist clients to put use cases into production using Demand Intelligence.
- Partnering with sales executives to proactively assist customers with technical issues and technical implementation details.
- Provide assistance to the product and engineering teams before major product releases.
- Lay the foundations for future contract expansion by always doing right by the customer.
- Work closely with the data team on new releases, feedback from customers and potential new innovations.
Skills, Knowledge and Competencies
- 5 years in a data scientist role with Statistics/Mathematics/Computer Science background.
- Essential skills include machine learning algorithms, advanced statistical modelling, analytical programming.
- Experience in building large-scale ML solutions from researching a prototype to production is an advantage.
- Essential technical skills in SQL, Python and R.
- Software engineering skills and the ability to build models at scale.
- Experience in Elasticsearch and AWS redshift will be advantages.
- Able to take initiative.
- Tactful and mature.
- Aptitude for research.
- Good organisational skills.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Competitive salary.
- Benefits administrated by Sequoia One.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Casual dress code.
- Collaboration friendly office.