Head of Product
We need a Head of Product to drive the strategy, plan, coordinate and deliver on our exciting roadmap and vision. This is a multifaceted and rewarding role where you get to add immense value turning PredictHQ’s vision into reality as well as applying your own innovation to fuel the continuous transformation of our product development.
You will lead the growth of our products working closely with all departments of the business but most predominantly our CEO (who is based in San Francisco), CTO (based in New Zealand) and the dev and data teams who are also in NZ. This role is cross-functional in nature and involves a consistent high level of collaboration with all departments across the business. You will shape products and feature from the ideation phases right through to pricing and marketing therefore having commercial acumen and understanding go-to-market strategies is a must.
To be successful in this role, you must have exceptional attention to detail, an eye for UI/UX, be skilled at producing wireframes, mockups, high level requirements, briefs and possess excellent people and communication skills with all levels of the business. You will be a lightning-quick learner, solutions-focused and the bridge between sales, marketing, designers, developers, and our data team. Having a background or familiarity working with APIs will also be advantageous.
Key Tasks and Expected Results
- Managing the product roadmap together with CTO, CDO and other senior team members including CEO
- Identifying areas of improvement for products and features as well as developing new products/features, seeing them through implementation.
- Collating and producing high level requirements
- Creating product and website wireframes and mockups
- Producing concise briefs for designers and contractors
- Assist with QA testing for new features and website updates where applicable
- Meeting/contacting customers about new releases, and gathering feature feedback
Skills, Knowledge and Competencies
- Visionary with commercial acumen
- Experienced in product development and strategy
- Excellent project planner and roadmap management
- Can produce wireframes and mockups using online apps
- Ability to identify and suggest best of breed platforms that could be useful in building the scalability, innovation and effectiveness of the business
- Focused on solutions and problem solving
- Has an eye for intuitive and beautiful design (UI/UX)
- Has basic HTML and markdown knowledge
- Experience with Mailchimp
- Experience with Wordpress (for blog)
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics and technology
- Experience with Hubspot CRM is a bonus
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- 3% KiwiSaver employer contribution (for those eligible)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Pick your own laptop
- Casual dress code
- Collaboration friendly office