Vice President (VP) of Sales
The VP of sales will be responsible for leading our direct sales efforts and growing the company’s revenue. We are looking for a proven executive who has experience in building sales teams in early stage businesses and scaling them to achieve long term sales success. Based in our San Francisco office, you will expand and lead our team of Account Executives and Sales Engineers who will work on global sales opportunities with some of the top brands in the world. You will be involved in the hiring, onboarding and ongoing training of your team leading from the front to deliver overall sales success.
You will be required to develop plans and strategies for building the company’s annual revenue through new sales acquisitions as well as growing existing customer revenue through upsells and cross sale opportunities. Working with the CEO, COO and marketing team, you will devise ways to evolve our sales process to increase sales conversions, reduce sales cycles and review new ways customers can buy and interact with our solutions.
You will be working within a business that is focused on a shared vision of growing globally and continuing to deliver a unique platform across a diversified set of customers. This role will be immensely rewarding and you will be working alongside an experienced and passionate team who have been involved in starting up businesses that now employ hundreds of staff across the world.
Key Tasks and Expected Results
- Build and scale a sales team including Account Executives, Sales Engineers and customer support and service staff.
- Ensure the attainment of assigned sales quotas by leading and evolving the sales process and providing direction and recommendations to improve sales.
- Provide mentorship and leadership to create excitement in the sales organization
- Build sales plans and strategies that are consistent with the business hitting annual revenue targets along with expected deal economic benchmarks.
- Responsible for monthly forecasting and achieving monthly and quarterly targets, sales plans, sales budgets.
- Roll up your sleeves and attend sales calls and sales meetings and contribute to the overall sales of the business.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key customers and to build a user group we can reference and test ideas with.
- Gather market and customer feedback to provide information to the team to help build solutions that meet the market’s needs.
- Travel to attend tactical events and meet potential customers both across North America and Europe.
- Travel to our HQ in New Zealand to connect with our amazing R&D team there, build deeper knowledge of our technology, learn more about our roadmap and provide important customer/sales focus feedback.
Skills, Knowledge and Competencies
- 5 years proven experience as VP of sales.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex sales cycles and negotiating win-win agreements through value based selling.
- Preferable experience in selling data or a technology focused sale
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to build executive level relationships.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to take initiative, think proactively and work independently as well as with the extended team.
- Demonstrated work ethic, personal integrity, and passion for building the next big thing.
- Aptitude for research and learning new things.
- You have a voracious appetite for all things sales.
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (cobra scheme)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Pick your own laptop
- Casual dress code
- Collaboration friendly office