Junior Data Analyst
What is PredictHQ?
Real-world events drive predictable impact but businesses don’t know when, why or how. PredictHQ unlocks instant profit hidden in plain sight, starting with travel and transportation, which alone is a $2.3 trillion opportunity.
PredictHQ is the only unique data intelligence platform that understands the impact of these events globally and at scale. Companies like Uber, AirBnb, Booking.com, Accenture, Accor Hotels and others are using this to instantly unlock additional profitability which was previously unobtainable.
Data from thousands of sources (proprietary and public) are aggregated, cleansed, enriched and ranked to provide intelligence for better pricing, demand and planning decisions. As more customers use the platform and add data (real and usage-based), the system gets smarter, enabling a growing array of new solutions within and beyond travel and transportation.
You will be responsible for investigating, checking and fixing data issues using our in-house built systems.
This role would suit someone who is eager to learn and enjoys working as part of a growing team. A good understanding of technology is needed, however on the job training will be provided. A keen eye for detail and strong communication skills to be able to engage with all levels of our business is a must.
We’re looking for an individual who is focused on quality, details-oriented and skilled at research and analysis to join our talented Data Team. You need to be a fast learner, good at following instructions but also have strong communication, problem solving and assessment skills.
Key Tasks and Expected Results
- Work closely with our developers, data scientists and product team.
- Find, investigate and fix data issues.
- Moderation and resolution of data issues using our in house-built systems.
- Adding and updating event records.
- Analyse/manipulate large and complex data sets.
- Actively participate in overall decision making, problem solving and innovation.
- Ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
Skills, Knowledge and Competencies
- Technical skills in SQL, data analysis techniques.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to complete projects from start to finish.
- Particular interest in, and understanding of big data is a plus.
- Experience in Python or R is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks at the same time.
- Aptitude for research.
- Able to take initiative and is self motivated.
- Tactful and mature.
- Good organisational skills.
- Works well in team as well as autonomously.
- Immediate start desirable.
- ompetitive salary.
- Health insurance.
- 3% KiwiSaver employer contribution (for those eligible).
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Casual dress code.
- Collaboration friendly office.